- Develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) to reflect interconnection of process equipment and the instrumentation used to control the safe, environmentally sound and reliable process of refineries and petro-chemical plant.
- Prepare Instrument data sheets to be used for the measurement of flow, pressure, temperature, level of the refineries and petro-chemical plant products and control of process operations.
- To perform sizing calculations of orifice plate, control valve, safety valve to be used in refineries and petro-chemical plants.
- Prepare drawings for installing and mounting of the instruments on the process line of refineries and petro-chemical plants.
- Evaluate & develop control system designs for connecting instruments and prepare the loop drawings/schematic wiring diagrams for it.
- Evaluate vendor proposals/bid to assure the appropriate instrument has been bought out for the application. Interact with vendors.
- Prepare instrument index showing the lists of instrument to be used within the plant. Carry out plant site/field inspections and studies.
- Coordinate and develop project scope of work pertaining to the design of petro-chemical plants and refineries with multi engineering disciplines (Electrical, (Mechanical). Provide quality assurance to the design.