This position will be responsible for marine and coastal structural engineering for the port industry projects. Candidate should be able to apply broad and diversified knowledge of marine engineering principles and practices in solving of complex engineering problems; should be able to make decisions independently concerning problems within the marine and coastal structures discipline on the project with a minimum of supervision.
- Develop conceptual and final construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of design in marine and coastal structures, such as ports, terminals, wharfs, piers, bulkheads, breakwaters, berthing, mooring systems and foundations.
- Must be able to analyze advanced structural dynamics and finite elements.
- Familiar with multi-disciple and multi-project working environments.
- Knowledge of wave and current loadings and mooring/berthing systems.
- Ability to design and supervise the design of a marine jetty and temporary/permanent construction dock, analysis, scope of work, drafting engineering specifications and design criteria.
- Assist in construction cost estimate.
- Knowledge of structural dynamics and finite element analysis.