Govind Development LLC – Corpus Christi, TX
Please email your application, resume and a cover letter outlining your experience in relation to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your cover letter should include three reasons why you think you are a perfect candidate for this position.
POSITION SUMMARY: The responsibility of the Financial Accounting Manager is to manage and perform the traditional accounting roles for the company including Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, preparation and closing of periodic financial statements, cash processing and management, vendor credit terms, collections, analysis of financial data and research to solve business problems and other duties typical of an accounting manager.
Perform and manage employee(s) executing accounting activities including managing accounts receivable, billing and invoicing to ensure timely posting and appropriate collections process and tracking
- Manage month end close process including; accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, multiple entity consolidation, bank reconciliations, trial balance review with CFO, and reporting
- Experience in posting entries to a general ledger
- Manage bank operating accounts, develop reliable cash flow forecasts and provide daily/weekly reporting for management
- Develop monthly reporting packages for the executive team, with comparison to budget, including variance analysis
- Work in coordination with Operations Accounting Manager to ensure payroll, inventory, and billing are aligned with Financial reporting and close processes
- Accounts payable and vendor management, including application to customer projects
- Collections and collection agency management
- Budget preparation, tracking and reporting
- Periodic management and processing of franchise, incomes, & sales/use tax filings
- Perform analysis and give recommendations to solve business issues
- Help restructure and create new accounting business processes
- Lead and learn new accounting system implementation and develop best in class accounting processes and controls for the organization in coordination with a new ERP implementation
- Work with senior management on special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance of Business preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of directly related experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with project or inventory based accounting a plus
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively direct, supervise, and delegate
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
- Ability to analyze financial data and financial statements and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration.
- Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in Deltek Vision or ERP is a strong plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Plus accounting experience a strong plus.
- Valid driver’s license required to operate a company vehicle.
Selected applicants must provide references upon request and must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test. Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with Govind Development, LLC.
Click Here to Return to Career Section